Representing Maryland divorce and family law clients for over a decade, Cary C. Jacobson is the founder and managing partner of Jacobson Family Law. Cary was recently voted as the President of Women’s Bar Association of Maryland Howard County and the Maryland Academy of Collaborative Professionals for the ’21-’22 bar year.
The Women’s Bar Association of Maryland (WBA) is a specialty bar association of women and men supporting women in the legal profession and working for equal rights and opportunities for women in the legal profession and the community. As president of the Howard County chapter, Cary is heavily involved in the mission and goals of the WBA which include:
• Promote and assist women to obtain positions of influence and leadership within their workplace, the legal profession, the judiciary, and the community
• Raise awareness of and fight biases against women within the community at large, the legal profession, and under the law;
• Promote and effect diversity, equality, and justice under the law and within the legal system;
• Support women in the legal profession in their personal and professional lives;
• Provide opportunities for volunteerism and advocacy on issues affecting women;
• Collaborate with other individuals and organizations to improve the status of women;
• Celebrate the individual and collective achievements of women in the legal profession; and
• Promote full and equal participation of women in society by eliminating all forms of discrimination.
Additionally, Cary has been voted as President of the Maryland Academy of Collaborative Professionals for the ’21-’22 bar year. The Maryland Academy of Collaborative Professionals is comprised of a group of dedicated Collaborative Professionals who volunteer their time and services. The Collaborative Project of Maryland offers individuals and families of modest means the option of using the Collaborative Process to resolve their disputes.
Cary believes it is important to give back to the legal community through organizations such as the Women’s Bar Association of Maryland and the Maryland Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
For a complete list of Cary C. Jacobson’s professional experience and affiliations, check out her profile on LinkedIn.